There will be times in your life when you need new vaccines. This may be a renewal of some of the childhood vaccines, if you are traveling, if you are pregnant or if you have had a chronic illness and / or immunosuppressive medication, which means that you should be extra protected.
The doctors in Eyr can see which vaccines you have previously received and assess which vaccines you should renew and which vaccines you are missing.
What can Eyr help with?
In Norway, Apotek1 vaccinates after you have gotten a prescription from Eyr.
Your GP will always have the opportunity to see which vaccines you have received via Eyr.
We prescribe most types of vaccines. Some common examples are vaccines against:
- Tetanus, polio and pertussis (vaccine given in the childhood vaccination program and which must be renewed every 10 years)
- Pneumococci (which can cause severe pneumonia)
- TBE (meningitis caused by tick bites)
- Meningococci (meningitis caused by meningococcal bacteria)
- HPV (virus that can cause, among other things, cancer of the rectum and abdomen in both men and women)
- Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver)
Children under the age of 12 cannot get a prescription for vaccine over Eyr.
Edited by doctor Sol Malm Hagen.